Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

How trivial is it?

I've spent a lot time lately thinking about some pretty trivial things. Yet, I seem to find myself still overwhelmed by the importance I've given these thoughts. Can you thing of a time when you knew that you needed to move on and still found a way to maintain the same old song and dance? I have, I do it every day.

What seems to be most interesting about this issue is that I know I'm not alone. The millions that go through this daily understand the need to push forward but still fall short. Some may ask why I spend so much time thinking about this junk. I don't know.

If there has been one thing I've always been amazing at it's this, reflection. Many times even, over reflection. Although I may not say much in person, believe me, I'm saying a lot in my head.

Every interaction I have I ignore the countless thoughts that come to mind, the words I refuse to speak. This sounds like a great thing. To have the self-control to avoid making comments that could cause added drama. Well done. Yet, I seem to sit in my room quiet and alone each night and run the conversations over and over in my head. “If I had said this, maybe...”

I agree that there are things we should keep to ourselves and yet I can't help but think about what I could have said that would have made things better. Anyway, my next post will be coming soon, I'll be checking in on the current NFL lockout.

No comments:

Post a Comment