Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Rebound

To quote Pat Riley; "If you win the rebounds you win the rings." Yet, I hear people talk about offense and defense, never rebounding. Now let me clear this up before I mislead you and make you honestly believe that I don't care about defense. This couldn't be further from the truth. I strongly believe a well executed defense wins championships. Yet, rebounding, which is a fundamental key to all championship caliber teams, is often forgotten. Think back to the great teams through the years. Each and every one of them owned the glass. By dominating the boards a couple things happen. First, second chance point are eliminated. Which will consequentially bring the opposing teams shooting percentage down and decrease the number of points scored. Second, it increases the second chance point for the team on the owning the glass. Anyway, enough of this. Grab the boards and you'll, bottom line.

No comments:

Post a Comment