Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Independence Day

Each year Americans get the chance to celebrate the 4th of July. A great day to feel truly patriotic. To remember what our forefathers have done for our independence. For me it's also a great chance to tip my hat to the men and women who fight to keep our freedoms. With that said I personally can't stand the 4th.

Why? One word: fireworks. Not only are they extremely loud and but they are a fire hazard. Fireworks are unpredictable and as far as I'm considered not safe for the public’s use. I will concede that there are those who can use them responsible and can in fact have a great time because of them. However, most people are not responsible nor are they careful.

I think it's no surprise that the fire department has special equipment for the 4th. The gear just sits in the station 364 days a year collecting dust. Then the 4th comes around and they clean off the dust and have it in fully operationally condition.

Look, if you enjoy fireworks that great for you. But please take it from me leave it to the pros! And if you choose to not agree with that request then fine! Just don't use them in a residential neighborhood where your fire cracker will end up in my living room. Go find an open lot of field. At least try to have some common sense!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Madison
    maddie0147@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete